Pick Your Poem

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Gap Under Construction


     


       Does it really mean something if you're rich or poor? Do you really need a title over your head representing who you are? If it was up to me, I don’t think so. Well, yeah there are low-class, middle-class, and the first-class families, BUT I don’t think we need to separate ourselves from other people because of what we look like, what we do, how much money we make, or where we live. Does it really matter?
       People like Kathleen Krantz, in this article, which got divorced and never built her social security because she thought she would still be married, basically threw her life away because of that. Now Kathleen and her college-aged daughter are homeless and sleeping in their car. It could’ve been totally different if she would’ve spent the time to set up her social security. Now look where it took her.
       Now and days the “homeless” is becoming a joke. It seems like today’s society can’t even trust the fact you want to give them money, but you can’t because you don’t know if it’s going to a good cause or are they really homeless. I know for personal experiences, I felt played because this girl I gave a few bucks to, we pretended to drive off to see what she was going to do with the money, and then right when we left she crossed the street and took off her “homeless clothes” and hopped in a car. I was totally shocked. But even though I had those experiences I still want to put myself out there for the world to see that I actually want to help and be a part of what they’re going through because I know it’s not an easy situation. I want to help as much as I can because I would want someone to do the same for me and I think our community should do it, as well. People need to know that its people less-fortunate than they are and they need help getting back on their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment