Pick Your Poem

Thursday, April 18, 2013

So Close, Yet Still So Far Apart

 What if all the homeless people and the multi-billionaires switched lives for a week? Would the rich men and woman become humble and finally realize what its like to lose everything, and the homeless people share their wealth, how they wanted the rich people to do? Or would everything stay the same, how it is now? With the begging and the greediness, but with different people.

If I were rich I would give 100 dollar bills to every homeless person I see. That way they have the choice to do anything with it. They could pay for a night in a clean bed, in a nice motel. Or buy new, warm clothes for the winter. Because of society today, I also have an instinct that they could go buy drugs or alcohol with it. Really it is their choice, it would just make me happy knowing I made a difference in someone's life.

Unfortunately, I would only be one millionaire that is trying. And there are way to many homeless people, for me to change the world by myself. Imagine, though, if every millionaire, billionaire, or gazillionaire, did this. Every homeless person, in the whole world, eventually, would have 100 dollars. That doesn't mean doing this would end homelessness. It would just mean we made difference in their lives. So yes, I do think this we can fill the gap between rich and poor. It isn't one person's job though,it is all of ours. If everyone gives money and they take it and use it in a good way, we could help make the gap smaller. However in this economy, not everyone has the money to give everyday. A smart thing to do would be, to leave a plastic cup in your cup holder. Keep filling it with loose change, and then when you see a homeless person, give them all of the change.



No comments:

Post a Comment